MUSICIAN . SONGWRITER . INSTRUCTOR
He’s got the chops to play in the orchestra pit for the Grammy-winning musical HAIRSPRAY and the swagger to play his own original interpretation of the Star Spangled Banner for over 50,000 people at Shea Stadium.
Music at its best”: That’s how the media has described the instrumental rock trio led by guitarist Patrick DeCoste. In the great tradition of Stevie Ray Vaughan and U2’s The Edge, DeCoste combines virtuoso skills with a rock and blues attitude to create his own unique sound. While independent full-length releases garnered international acclaim, his band has landed opening slots for Billboard artists and scored local “Live Act of the Year” and “Artist of the Year” nominations. Serious musicians will appreciate his skills; music fans will love his modern sound and memorable melodies. Read it HERE. Download HERE. Get social HERE.
Read it HERE.
Get social HERE.
For a better listening experience and to purchase this music, please visit our ONLINE STORE.
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
- Viper Bar
- Even though an independent release, the album’s packaging is perfect, tasty and professional and the music is even better. Recommended.
- This is music at its best with technically brilliant performances and mature songwriting. Easy-to-digest, very diverse and catchy stuff.
- His electrifying acoustic performance was one of the best we have had. Boston fans of Tim Reynolds and Leo Kottke have a new hometown hero!
- Roots Rock Live TV
- DeCoste looks at his art from a new perspective and has created a masterpiece in the process bringing a new outlook on music and Rock guitar.
- His guitar tone is the right mixture of sweetness and the occasional touch of nasty making for a dynamic trip through varying atmospheric levels.
- Boston Band Crush Magazine
- His music is melodic and full of power. He has great technique but doesn't over use it and has a professional attitude and work ethic.
- Gary Hoey, guitar legend
- With many an accolade piled on him, it looks like his low-profile days are bound to end soon revealing different facets of the Bostonian’s talent.
- Put it in your car stereo, take the top down and take a long summer drive to somewhere you've never been, but have always longed to go.
- The popularity of his episode has kept it in active rotation for the past year. A unique, versatile and intensely talented guitarist.
- The Bridge Television Show
- He's an enthusiastic on-air guest who talks about what drives him musically and gives the listeners a glimpse of a guitar genius at work.
- Shadowline Radio Show
- He's very rooted in Rock music with a great ear for chord voicings/ progressions, as well as solos/ melodies, and a firm grasp of song structure.
- The Noise Magazine
- He is amazing. In all honesty, it is beyond what gets played on the station. His stuff will definitely get play on this show.
- The Last Scene Standing Radio
- What is apparent is Patrick is armed with a superb set of hands, good control and an ear for melody that never plays second fiddle to guitar excess.
- His beautiful compositions of inspiration promises an excellent festival of melodic compositions with great quality and technical themes.
- Guitar Lords Online
- All aboard, we're off to guitar virtuoso land. Some songs in we switch to funky blues land and there are more changes as we go along.
- The Noise Magazine
- For several years, DeCoste has cultivated a fanatical fanbase in the Boston and the surrounding area and it's easy to see why.
- InSite Magazine
- With praise high and a local buzz building, he released high-flying guitar odysseys propelling him towards comparisons with legends Satriani and Vai.
- InSite Magazine
- WOW! It's pure magic... guitar wizardry. Finally I found something new and original (and) different if we compare it with what we hear in today's music.
- For The Love of Guitar Radio
- Immediately impressed with the strength of his compositions and confident playing, he's received much airplay and is a favorite with the listeners.
- Fret Net Radio
- Compared to Eric Johnson, Vai and Satriani and praised by top players like Gary Hoey, his wide ranging approach offers something for all fans.
- Music Web Express
- DeCoste's playing is a mixture of modesty and efficiency. He can and will rip it up he just won't make a big show out of it.
- Northeast Performer